D&RGW FREIGHT CARS
One of our objectives is to acquire and restore one each of the eight types of narrow gauge freight cars used in southwest Colorado, a caboose, and a few examples of work cars.We began restoring railcars in 2008. Pictured below is the consist so far. Click on an image to go to that cars home page/
- D&RGW Drop Bottom Gondola 871 - restored 2012
- D&RGW High Sides Gondola 1400 - restored 2013
- D&RGW Stock Cars 5627 & 5564 - restored 2016
- D&RGW Bunk Car 04432 -under restoration - completion 2016
- D&RGW Reefer 39 - acquired 2015, under restoration
- D&RGW Flanger OT - under restoration, completion 2016
- D&RGW Boxcar 3670 - acquired 2014
- DRGW Flatcar 6215 - acquired 2015
- DRGW Tool Car 04351 - acquired 2015
- Primos Chemical Co. Tank only - acquired 2014
Another objective is to create a railroad historical park in Silverton for the display and maintenance of the equipment. We have an easement with the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad to build a pair of display tracks on their property between their depot and the Silverton Northern engine house. These tracks will hold twelve cars, so we are limited to three work cars.
For each railcar we create an interpretive sign about the history and significance of that car.